Why can't I use my Canon printer?
Windows PC users may get a "canon printer unavailable" warning while printing documents. If you have an HP printer, you're more than likely to encounter this problem. Users of Epson printers frequently complain about "Epson printer driver not being available."
The driver for the canon printer unavailable at this time. As a result, it's safe to assume that the problem is with your printer's driver and not with your computer. Occasionally, the Windows operating system's driver application reports this problem as a status.
When the printer driver is out of current or malfunctioning, or when Windows requires new updates, this problem is commonly seen. In the majority of cases, malfunctioning or mismatched printer drivers are at blame.
"No Printer Driver Is Available" Error How to Fix?
Due to a printer driver unavailable error, you cannot print even if you have replaced the printer ink cartridges. In addition, it inhibits you from completing connected tasks such as scanning and copying.
The message "canon printer unavailable" indicates that your computer's printer driver is either out of date or incompatible with your printer.
an issue that can be fixed with a few modest tweaks in the printing business Take a look at these alternatives.
Updating Drivers using a Software Package
We strongly recommend that you use the DriverFix Utility, which can be downloaded here, to update all of your drivers. Scan your computer for out-of-date drivers and get them updated automatically by using this tool
Follow these instructions to remove a printer driver:
There are two possible solutions to this problem: Error installing or using the printer because of a faulty printer driver Reinstalling the printer and any associated software after deleting it is another option. When searching for a suitable driver, you may also go through all available options.
Before reconnecting the printer and any connected software, we'll disconnect them first. The pre-installed driver will be utilized as a result.
- To open a search box, use Windows + R, then type "control."""
- Make sure the View by: Large icons option is chosen in the control panel. Decide on the computers, printers, and other devices that you wish to utilize.
- There will be a complete list of printers in this area. You may remove a defective printer by right-clicking on it and selecting "Remove device."
- To do this again, use Windows + R and type "Device Management MSC."
- A printer may be removed by right-clicking it in the "Print Queues" section and selecting "Uninstall device." You should not be concerned if this isn't present after removing your printer from the control panel.
- Press Windows + R and type "appwiz. CPL" into the dialogue box that pops up now. All applications will be housed in this area. Select "Uninstall" from the context menu of each of your printer programs.
- Disconnect your printer from your computer or network if it's connected wirelessly or through USB after you've completed the preceding steps. All of your computers, printers and routers should be shut off. Their power sources must be shut down.
- After around ten minutes, reconnect and restart all modules.
- Connect the printer to the computer first using a USB cable. Detection and installation of necessary drivers will take some time.
- Return to the control panel and select "Set as default printer" from the context menu. Test the printer by printing a page to see whether the issue has been fixed.
Do it yourself and get the most up-to-date driver.
We will manually update the printer drivers if the previous option fails. In certain cases, a printer may work well but become useless due to a Windows upgrade. Windows drivers that have been upgraded may not operate on all computers. When it came to HP printers, this was especially true. An alternative method of resolving this problem is to disable Windows updates while manually updating the specified driver from the manufacturer's website.
Before continuing, download the latest drivers for your device from the manufacturer's website and save them to your computer.
- To open the Run dialogue box, press Windows + R. Activate the command-line tool by typing "devmgmt.MSC." Opens the device management application on your PC using this command.
- Select "Update driver" from the "Print queues" sub-menu by right-clicking on the printer hardware.
- Windows will now ask you how you want to perform the driver update. Opt for option two (Browse my computer for driver software).
- The browse button will appear when you have finished downloading the driver file.
- Note: The printer can be hidden from the device management system in unusual cases only. In this case, the driver will be installed as soon as the installer is launched.
- Make sure the printer is working properly before moving on to the next step. If that's the case, you may get the "wushowhide. diagcab" package from Microsoft's official website.
- To get started, click Next.
- Select Hide updates from the drop-down menu.
- Select the printer update option if necessary, and then proceed. Windows Update will no longer update your printer's drivers for you unless you actively instruct it to do so via Windows Update.
Download and Install the Generic Printer Driver
If none of the above options worked for you, it is possible that your computer does not recognize or display your printer as an Unknown device. The default generic printer drivers for your printer must be installed by hand in this situation. Get started by following these steps to solve the canon printer unavailable error.
The command may be executed by pressing X while holding down the Windows key. Select "Device Manager" from the drop-down menu.
- You can find your printer in Device Manager.
- If you can't locate it there, search under "Unknown Devices."
- Select "Update Driver" from the context menu by right-clicking the printer icon.
- "Is there a driver for my computer that I need?"
- "Generic Software Device" is the next option after "Allow me to select from available drivers."
- Select "Next" if you want to restart your computer.
- For me to pick a driver, please select "Generic Software Device."
- Click "Next" to continue the process.